top of page

Clerk - Military Discharge (DD-214)

After discharge from the military service, a veteran may place his/her military discharge (DD-214) on file with the County Clerk of the county in which he/she resides. 


We are only able to file original discharge forms and are not able to file copies. 



Discharged veterans may obtain two certified copies of the discharge free of charge.

Military Discharges are not public records, and can only be released to the veteran (with a valid picture ID), a family member with a copy of the veteran’s Death Certificate, or the funeral director handling the veteran’s funeral arrangements.


If you would like to receive a certified copy of your DD-214, please complete the form below and either email or fax it to our office.  Please contact our office at (906) 635-6300 should you need additional information regarding DD-214 forms.


DD-214 Record Request Form

bottom of page